I appreciate the opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Shana Latham. I specialize in helping persons manage co-occurring disorders, conflict resolution, systemic depression, situational depression and stress reduction using Bible principles. I have 16-year track record of success in helping clients and staff achieve a broad range of goals and objectives throughout my career as a License Professional Counselor. I take pride in my hands-on approach to therapy which has helped me gain trust and build partnerships with individuals. My style strongly emphasizes pleasantly working together through motivating conversations.
A summary of my valuable counseling skills and practices:
• Experience successfully navigating challenging families to build rapport using bible principles and reviewing Bible characters to imitate the faith and influence your life for the better.
• Over the past 10 years, clients with my guidance have built personal accountability which has resulted in consistent and positive client outcomes.
• As a Licensed Professional Counselor, with 16 years counseling persons through mental health, medical, trauma and substance use issues working with: adults, seniors, parents and youth, which has resulted in personal and professional growth. I have nurtured the skill of listening and preparing people for change. I have cultivated the skills to navigate the bible to find an answers to most human concerns and frustrations.
• I understand strategic goal setting and value its role in identifying each persons’ stakeholders in collaboration with a quality of life focus each encounter.
• BA Public Relations, Howard University and MA Counseling Psychology, University of the District of Columbia, Certified in Co-Occurring Disorders by DC Department of Behavioral Health 2013
In review of my profile, you note my education and experience. What it cannot illustrate, however, is the degree of dedication, resourcefulness and professionalism that I can offer. A personal conversation will enable us to discuss how I can support your happiness now and in the future through honesty, humbleness and a desire to imitate the love of Jesus Christ.
- Stress, Anxiety
- Family conflicts
- Trauma and abuse
Addictions , Relationship issues , Grief , Anger management , Bipolar disorder , Coping with life changes , ADHD , Communication Problems , First Responder Issues , Forgiveness , Prejudice and Discrimination , Self-Love , Social Anxiety and Phobia Read more...
Client-Centered Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing, Narrative Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy
LPC #PRC 13693 (Expires: 2020-12-01)
I have greatly benefited from working with Shana.
I am extremely pleased with my counseling sessions. I feel that Shana listens really well and has enormous patience with me. her advice is life-saving and extremely appropriate to my situation in life. I appreciate the hard work that she puts in on my behalf to give me appropriate Bible readings and counsels me when I am confused. I so appreciate everything she has done for me so far, and have every confidence that she will help guide me to a more independent and confident of mind. I'm encouraged to practice her advised techniques as much as possible. And I may be unable to recognize changes in myself, but my friends have recognized a significant change. and that's a very important to me.
Shana is very professional and gives me space to talk. Then we work through resolving problems using biblical references. Thank God she's in my life I'm very grateful.